Wednesday, February 25, 2009

… Continued from page 212

Philip Malloy: I don’t know the words.

Discussion between Philip Malloy’s parents and George Brookover, Principal of Washington Academy

Mr. Malloy: My son doesn’t seem happy in this school.

George Brookover: Is something wrong?

Mr. Malloy: I do not know. Probably there is no track and field team.

Mrs. Malloy: He really loves track and field …

George Brookover: How about this? I will discuss with the school board on opening a track and field team just for him. We will also get a teacher to teach him the school song.

Mr. Malloy: That sounds great!

George Brookover talking at morning assembly

George Brookover: Children, the school is opening a track and field team and we are recruiting. Any interested students, please see me after morning assembly.

Conversation between Philip Malloy and George Brookover

Philip Malloy: Mr. Brookover, I would like to sign up for the track and field team.

George Brookover: Yes … Your dad talked to me regarding this. Sure thing!

Philip Malloy: He did? I didn’t know that. What did he say?

George Brookover: He said that you loved track and field.

Philip Malloy: Oh…

Diary of Philip Malloy

Today was great! The school has started a track and field finally. I signed up for it instantly. However, I do not know why my father looked for Mr. Brookover.

I am finally learning the national anthem! Usually I would only know the tune.

I guess I am going to have a super great time in Washington Academy…


--The End--

1 comment:

  1. Nice ending! you focused on the Phillip's life after transferring school. Maybe you could add on by saying Phillip apologised to Ms Narwin for his wrongdoings.

    ReplyDelete