Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Favourite Food

Popeyes Logo

My favourite food is chicken. I like any type of chicken dish, from Hainanese Chicken Rice to barbecue chicken to fried chicken. I feel neutral between how the chicken is cooked, but I especially like fried chicken for its crispiness, juiciness and flavour. The place which I find has the best fried chicken is actually not KFC, but Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits.

Popeyes started off in Arabi, a suburb in New Orleans within Louisiana in 1972 and slowly established their outlets around the world. The first locally opened Popeyes branch was located in Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 1. Other branches opened in Terminal 3 of Changi Airport and the Singapore Flyer. As I’m a bit health conscious, I only treat myself to fast food occasionally. I do hope that Popeyes can open more outlets across the island so that it would be more convenient for me and other patrons.

Their chicken is golden brown and when you sink your teeth into the piece of mouth-watering chicken, the succulent and juicy meat really gets you hooked up and craving for more! Another thing I like about Popeyes is that their fries, called Cajun fries, is fried with herbs and spices, unlike other fast food outlets like McDonalds or KFC. As for local food, my favourite would be Hainanese Chicken Rice. I like the fragrant rice and delicious chicken.

Hainanese Chicken Rice

Photos courtesy of Wikipedia, Yahoo! Image

No comments:

Post a Comment